Friday, August 26, 2011

Irene prep. for Virginians. Please add your own tips in the comments

Irene prep. for Virginians.
>Use glow sticks instead of candles (especially with young children). Less dangerous than candles and you can get them at the Dollar Tree that hang around your neck=free hands.
>Those eggs you bought won't help if you don't have something to cook them with. Try hard-boiling them today and they'll be ready to eat.
>Don't forget using your grill for cooking. Make sure you have a full propane tank or charcoal on hand.
>Fill a bathtub with water. You'll appreciate it when the power is off.
>Make sure everyone takes a shower before the storm comes. If you lose power you'll be more comfortable clean and it will most likely be hot the following day.
>Remember God is in control and is holding you comfortably in the palm of his hand. DO NOT BE AFRAID. (Your children will sense your anxiety.)
>Get the board games ready- you remember them... the ones that don't use batteries.
>If you have a basement or inner room on a low floor without windows- sleep there Saturday night. Bring cushions, mattresses, pillows, blankets and have a slumber party. End the night with a story or two God's protection from the Good Book. The story of David is great for kids. Not only did God save him from the lion, he also protected him from Goliath.

God “is a shield unto them that put their trust in him” Prov. 30:5

Here is a link to a printable Psalm 91 http://battleinchrist.com/printout_version_psalm_91.htm
Psalm 91: God's Protection
Psalm 91-Abiding Under the Shadow of the Almighty

Provided in 3 Bible Versions

I. Good News Bible:
Psa 91:1 Whoever goes to the LORD for safety, whoever remains under the protection of the Almighty,
Psa 91:2 can say to him, "You are my defender and protector. You are my God; in you I trust."
Psa 91:3 He will keep you safe from all hidden dangers and from all deadly diseases.
Psa 91:4 He will cover you with his wings; you will be safe in his care; his faithfulness will protect and defend you.
Psa 91:5 You need not fear any dangers at night or sudden attacks during the day
Psa 91:6 or the plagues that strike in the dark or the evils that kill in daylight.
Psa 91:7 A thousand may fall dead beside you, ten thousand all around you, but you will not be harmed.
Psa 91:8 You will look and see how the wicked are punished.
Psa 91:9 You have made the LORD your defender, the Most High your protector,
Psa 91:10 and so no disaster will strike you, no violence will come near your home.
Psa 91:11 God will put his angels in charge of you to protect you wherever you go. Psa
91:12 They will hold you up with their hands to keep you from hurting your feet on the stones.
Psa 91:13 You will trample down lions and snakes, fierce lions and poisonous snakes.
Psa 91:14 God says, "I will save those who love me and will protect those who acknowledge me as LORD.
Psa 91:15 When they call to me, I will answer them; when they are in trouble, I will be with them. I will rescue them and honor them.
Psa 91:16 I will reward them with long life; I will save them.

II. Kings James Version
Psa 91:1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
Psa 91:2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Psa 91:3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
Psa 91:4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
Psa 91:5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
Psa 91:6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
Psa 91:7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
Psa 91:8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Psa 91:9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
Psa 91:10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
Psa 91:11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
Psa 91:12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
Psa 91:13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
Psa 91:14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
Psa 91:15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
Psa 91:16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

III. Bible Basic English
Psa 91:1 Happy is he whose resting-place is in the secret of the Lord, and under the shade of the wings of the Most High;
Psa 91:2 Who says of the Lord, He is my safe place and my tower of strength: he is my God, in whom is my hope.
Psa 91:3 He will take you out of the bird-net, and keep you safe from wasting disease.
Psa 91:4 You will be covered by his feathers; under his wings you will be safe: his good faith will be your salvation.
Psa 91:5 You will have no fear of the evil things of the night, or of the arrow in flight by day,
Psa 91:6 Or of the disease which takes men in the dark, or of the destruction which makes waste when the sun is high.
Psa 91:7 You will see a thousand falling by your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it will not come near you.
Psa 91:8 Only with your eyes will you see the reward of the evil-doers.
Psa 91:9 Because you have said, I am in the hands of the Lord, the Most High is my safe resting-place;
Psa 91:10 No evil will come on you, and no disease will come near your tent.
Psa 91:11 For he will give you into the care of his angels to keep you wherever you go.
Psa 91:12 In their hands they will keep you up, so that your foot may not be crushed against a stone.
Psa 91:13 You will put your foot on the lion and the snake; the young lion and the great snake will be crushed under your feet.
Psa 91:14 Because he has given me his love, I will take him out of danger: I will put him in a place of honour, because he has kept my name in his heart.
Psa 91:15 When his cry comes up to me, I will give him an answer: I will be with him in trouble; I will make him free from danger and give him honour.
Psa 91:16 With long life will he be rewarded; and I will let him see my salvation.


Remember the story of the man and the spider?
http://www.creativebiblestudy.com/Christian-stories.html
God can even use a simple spider web to build a wall of protection around His children.
________________________________________


During World War II, a US marine was separated from his unit on a Pacific Island. The fighting had been intense, and in the smoke and the crossfire he had lost touch with his comrades.
Alone in the jungle, he could hear enemy soldiers coming in his direction. Scrambling for cover, he found his way up a high ridge to several small caves in the rock. Quickly he crawled inside one of the caves. Although safe for the moment, he realized that once the enemy soldiers looking for him swept up the ridge, they would quickly search all the caves and he would be killed.
As he waited, he prayed, "Lord, if it be your will, please protect me. Whatever your will though, I love you and trust you. Amen."
After praying, he lay quietly listening to the enemy begin to draw close. He thought, "Well, I guess the Lord isn't going to help me out of this one.." Then he saw a spider begin to build a web over the front of his cave.
As he watched, listening to the enemy searching for him all the while, the spider layered strand after strand of web across the opening of the cave.
"Ha, he thought. "What I need is a brick wall and what the Lord has sent me is a spider web. God does have a sense of humor."
As the enemy drew closer he watched from the darkness of his hideout and could see them searching one cave after another. As they came to his, he got ready to make his last stand. To his amazement, however, after glancing in the direction of his cave, they moved on. Suddenly, he realized that with the spider web over the entrance, his cave looked as if no one had entered for quite a while. "Lord, forgive me," prayed the young man. "I had forgotten that in you a spider's web is stronger than a brick wall."
We all face times of great trouble. When we do, it is so easy to forget the victories that God would work in our lives, sometimes in the most surprising ways. As the great leader, Nehemiah, reminded the people of Israel when they faced the task of rebuilding Jerusalem, "In God we will have success!" [Nehemiah 2:20]
Remember: Whatever is happening in your life, with God, a mere spider's web can become a brick wall of protection. Believe He is with you always. Just speak His name through Jesus His son, and you will see His great power and love for you.
Source Unknown


The Children's Bible
God's Protection Of Those Who Trust In Him
http://kids.ochristian.com/Childrens-Bible/Gods-Protection-Of-Those-Who-Trust-In-Him.shtml
I will bless the Lord at all times,
His praise is continually in my mouth,
My soul glories in the Lord,
Let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
O exalt the Lord with me,
Let us praise his name together.

I sought the Lord and he answered me,
From all my fears he delivered me.
He who looks to him, becomes radiant,
And his face is not covered with shame.
This afflicted man cried and he heard him,
And from all his distresses delivered him.
The angel of the Lord encamps
About those who revere him, and saves them.

Taste and see that the Lord is good;
Happy the man who seeks refuge with him.
Revere the Lord, O holy ones,
For those who revere him lack nothing.
Though young lions feel want and suffer hunger,
Those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing.

Come, children, listen to me;
I will teach you true religion:
Who of you desires to live,
Loves long life that he may enjoy happiness?
Then keep your tongue from evil,
And your lips from speaking falsehood;
Turn from evil and do good,
Seek for peace and pursue it.

The Lord is against evil-doers,
To cut off their memory from the earth.
The Lord watches over the upright,
His ear is open to their cry.
When they cry to the Lord, he hears,
And saves them from all their troubles.

The Lord is near those who are broken-hearted,
He delivers those whose spirits are crushed.
The misfortunes of the upright are many,
But the Lord delivers him from them all.
The Lord guards all his bones,
Not one of them is broken.
Misfortune shall slay the wicked,
Those who hate the upright shall be condemned;
But the Lord redeems his servants,
And none who takes refuge in him shall be condemned.

God's Protection
The following is a listing of Bible verses which discuss God's Protection together with a summary of what the verse says about God's Protection.
Verse What the Verse says about God's Protection
Psalm 18:2 God is our protector.
2 Timothy 4:17-18 God strengthens us and rescues us.
2 Thessalonians 3:3 God protects us from evil.
1 Corinthians 10:13 God protects us while we are being tempted.
Psalm 56:9 God protects us from our enemies.
Psalm 91:3-7 God protects us from danger.
Psalm 57:1 God protects us until disaster has passed.
Psalm 121:3-8 God is always protecting us.
Joshua 1:5 God's protection never leaves.
Isaiah 41:10 God's protection is reassuring.
John 10:28-30 God's protection is powerful.
Psalm 124:1-5 God's protection is necessary.
http://www.sundayschoolresources.com/bdprotection.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment